Dill is one of my girlfriend’s favorite spices. One day, I decided to create a dinner roll to go alongside our food which would take in some of her favorite flavors.
Enter, the dill dinner roll – as soft, delicious roll with a subtle dill flavor which serves as a great compliment for many dinners (went great for sopping up the remaining sauce from our shrimp scampi last night).
Active Time: 10-15 minutes
Rising Time: 24 hours
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Dill Dinner Roll Ingredients:
- 350g bread flour
- 3 large eggs (about 100g)
- 75g heavy cream
- 7g salt
- 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1-2 bunches fresh dill
- Mix together flour, eggs, cream in a stand mixer
- Let sit for 30-45 minutes
- Add in salt, yeast, and shredded dill (take it off the stems)
- Finish mixing in stand mixer – should result in a solid mass, relatively non-sticky
- Place in covered container and let sit overnight
- Shape into rolls – I used parchment paper lining for easy removal
- Cover with plastic bag and let sit for about 12 hours
- Preheat over to 350F
- Brush tops of rolls with an egg-water mixture (about 1 tbs of water)
- Place rolls into oven for 25 minutes – should be 190F internal temperature
- Cool slightly on a wire rack before eating!